2020 Events Schedule
NOTE: This schedule is the copyrighted property of Mobile Mask. If you wish to use it, contact Mobile Mask for permission.
Saturday, January 18
● Noon – MAMGA Regal Magazine Release Party, MAMGA Den, 305 MAMGA Drive. Free and open to the public.
● 2 p.m – Fourth annual Secondline Festival, by Port City Secondliners. Secondline parade ends at Cathedral Square. Festival then starts in the square. Live music – especially brass bands – a variety of vendors. Admission is free. (Facebook: Port City Secondline Festival)
Sunday January 19
● 1 p.m. – Prichard MGA Royal Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $45 per person, Sunday dress. (Tickets: Nichelle Showery, 251-459-4740)
Saturday, February 8
● 10 a.m. - Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws dog parade, Dauphin Island. The theme will be Life’s a Beach. Pre-registration available through Eventbrite. On-site registration begins at 9 a.m. $10/person and pet, $5 each additional person or pet. Prizes for Best Group, Most Creative, Best Theme Representation. Parade starts at the water tower, heads north on LeMoyne, east on Chaumont, south on Key, west on Bienville and back to the water tower. (Facebook: Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws)
Sunday, February 9
● 6 p.m. – Prichard Carnival Association Coronation, Convention Center, $20 per person at the door. (Facebook: Prichard Carnival Association)
● 5 p.m. – Prichard MGA Royal Coronation, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $15 per person. (Tickets: Nichelle Showery, 251-459-4740)
Tuesday, February 11
● 5 p.m. – DSD Peg Leg Pub Crawl, meet at The Garage, 9 S. Washington Ave., between 5 and 6.
Saturday, February 15
● 11 a.m. – MAMGA Junior Monarchs Royal Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $55 per person or $550 per table. (Tickets: Marcus Catchings, 850-380-2072; den, 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
● 3 p.m. – Mystic Mutts of Revelry, 17th annual dog parade to benefit The Haven no-kill animal shelter, starts at Fairhoper’s Community Park, South Church Street and Morphy Avenue. East on Morphy, north on Section Street, west on Fairhope Avenue, south on Summit Street, ends at the park. Registration at the park begins at noon and goes until the 3 p.m. parade time. The theme will be Grease – Woof is the Word. (Facebook: Mystic Mutts of Revelry)
Sunday, February 16
● 5 p.m. – MAMGA Junior Monarch Coronation, Renaissance Riverview Hotel; $15 Adults, $10 Children. (Tickets: Marcus Catchings, 850-380-2072; den, 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Thursday, February 20
● 1 p.m. – Mobile Association of Reveling Cavaliers 38th annual parade, sponsored by AltaPointe Health (formerly Mobile ARC), beginning at the Gordon Smith Center, 2424 Gordon Smith Drive. The theme will be A Night at the Circus. Rain date, Friday, February 21.
Friday, February 21
● 9 p.m. – MAMGA Grand Marshal’s Ball, Mobile Convention Center, $75 per person or $750 per table, must be 21 to attend. (Tickets: Marcus Catchings, 850-380-2072; den, 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Saturday, February 22
● 10 a.m. – Mystic Krewe of K-9 Kritters parade, VCA Magnolia by the Gulf Animal Hospital, corner of Baldwin County 6 (Oak Road) and Alabama 59, Gulf Shores. Benefits All About Dogs Coastal Rescue. Entry fee $20. Judging is at 11 a.m., and winners will be invited to ride in the Gulf Shores parade on February 25. (251-968-7523)
● 6:30 p.m. – MCA Coronation of the Queen by King Felix III, Mobile Convention Center, South Hall, tickets are free but required. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 8 p.m. – MCA King’s Supper, Mobile Convention Center, North Hall, $125 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
Sunday, February 23
● 8 a.m. – 30th annual Joe Cain Classic 5K, organized by Bay Area Runners. Start/finish line, Canal and Broad streets, after-party, Augusta Street in front of Joe Cain house. Proceeds benefit challenged athletes. (bayarearunner.com)
● 9 a.m. – Registration starts for Abba Bikers Cruise-in. $10/bike, $5/person. Ride starts noonish, 7701 Hitt Road, goes downtown and back. (Facebook: Abba Shrine Events)
● 1 p.m. – Arrival of MAMGA’s King Elexis I, the foot of Government Street. Free.
● 3 p.m. – Introduction of MAMGA’s King Elexis I, Gulf City Elks Lodge, 601 State Street. Free.
● 7 p.m. – MAMGA Royal Coronation, Mobile Convention Center. Free and open to the public.
Monday, February 24
● 11 a.m. – MAMGA Royal Feast Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $50 per person, $500 per table of 10. (Tickets: Marcus Catchings, 850-380-2072; den, 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
● 11 a.m. – Arrival of MCA King Felix III, Cooper Riverside Park. Free.
● Noon – MCA Queen’s Luncheon, Mobile Convention Center, Grand Ballroom, reception at noon, lunch at 1 p.m., $75 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 1:30 p.m. – MCA Juvenile Court Luncheon, Holiday Inn Downtown, Ballroom, $25 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
Copyright 2020, Thrown Ventures LLC