NOTE: This schedule is the copyrighted property of Mobile Mask. If you wish to use it, contact Mobile Mask for permission.
Saturday, January 15
● 11 a.m. – Fifth annual Secondline Festival, put on by the Port City Secondliners in Prichard, starts with a secondline parade at Prichard City Hall at 11 a.m., and live music starts at noon on Wilson Avenue. Full lineup of music, especially brass bands, and a variety of vendors in the festival area. Admission is free. (Facebook: Port City Secondline Festival)
Sunday, January 16
● 2 p.m. – MAMGA Regal Magazine Release Party, MAMGA Den, 305 MAMGA Drive. Free and open to the public.
● The West Regional Revelers Shoebox Float Contest, held for the first time last year, will be held again this year at the West Regional branch of Mobile Public Library, 5555 Grelot Road. Age categories will be 5 and under; 6-8 years old; and 9-12 years old. To enter, you must pick up a shoebox and entry form from Children’s Services at West Regional, starting February 1. Entries are due February 15. (Facebook: Mobile Public Library Children’s Services)
Sunday, February 6
● 10 a.m. – fourth annual Krewe du Cirque Miss Mardi Gras Pageant and Ball, Foley Civic Center. Pageant begins at 10 a.m., ball begins at 5 p.m. (Facebook: Krewe du Cirque Society of Foley)
Saturday, February 12
● 10 a.m. - Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws dog parade on Dauphin Island. The theme will be The Wonderful World of Disney. Pre-registration is available through Eventbrite. On-site registration begins at 9 a.m. Cost will be $10 per person and pet. ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) will have a merchandise table, be recruiting volunteers and fosters and have pets available for adoption. Prizes for Best Group, Most Creative, and Best Theme Representation. Parade starts at the water tower, heads north on LeMoyne, east on Chaumont, south on Key, west on Bienville and back to the water tower. (Facebook: Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws)
Sunday, February 13
● 1 p.m. – Prichard Carnival Association Luncheon, The Calirojaé, 1004 Dauphin Island Parkway, $50 per person at the door. (Facebook: Prichard Carnival Association)
● 6:30 p.m. – Massacre Island Secret Society procession, Dauphin Island, the second annual walking parade by this history-oriented group. Route: start at the south side of the Shell Mounds; south on Iberville Drive to Cadillac Avenue; west on Cadillac to Narvaez Street; north on Narvaez to Chaumont Avenue; east on Chaumont to LeMoyne Drive; south on LeMoyne to Bienville Boulevard, west to Dority’s at 1010 Bienville.
Tuesday, February 15
● 5 p.m. – DSD Peg Leg Pub Crawl, meet at The Garage, 9 S. Washington Ave., between 5 and 6.
Saturday, February 19
● 1 p.m. – Mystic Mutts of Revelry 18th annual dog parade to benefit The Haven no-kill animal shelter will start at Fairhoper’s Community Park at South Church Street and Morphy Avenue, go east on Morphy, north on Section Street, west on Fairhope Avenue, south on Summit Street, and end at the park. Registration 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the park. See the web site for fee amounts. The theme will be Pawjama Party. (mysticmutts.org)
● 6 p.m. Prichard Carnival Association Royal Coronation, The Calirojaé, 1004 Dauphin Island Parkway, $20 per person at the door. (Facebook: Prichard Carnival Association)
Sunday, February 20
● 5 p.m. – MAMGA Junior Monarch Coronation, Renaissance Riverview Hotel; $15 Adults, $10 Children. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Friday, February 25
● 9 p.m. – MAMGA Grand Marshal’s Ball, Mobile Convention Center, $75 per person or $750 per table, must be 21 to attend. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Saturday, February 26
● 6:30 p.m. – MCA Coronation of the Queen by King Felix III, Mobile Convention Center, South Hall, tickets are free but required. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 8 p.m. – MCA King’s Reception Mobile Convention Center, North Hall, $125 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
Sunday, February 27
● 8 a.m. – 31st annual Joe Cain Classic 5K, organized by Bay Area Runners. Start/finish line intersection of Canal and Broad streets, after-party on Augusta Street in front of Joe Cain house. Proceeds benefit challenged athletes. (bayarearunner.com)
● 9 a.m. – lineup starts for the Abba Bikers Cruise-in, starting from 7701 Hitt Road. Kickstands up at noon, cruise from west Mobile to downtown, right through the parade route. Entry fee is $10 per bike and $10 per passenger. (Facebook: Abba Shrine)
● 1 p.m. – Arrival of MAMGA’s King Elexis I, the foot of Government Street.
● 3 p.m. – Introduction of MAMGA’s King Elexis I, Gulf City Elks Lodge, 601 State Street, free and open to the public.
● 7 p.m. – MAMGA Royal Coronation, Mobile Convention Center, free and open to the public.
Monday, February 28
● 11 a.m. – MAMGA Royal Feast Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $50 per person, $500 per table of 10. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
● 11 a.m. – Arrival of MCA King Felix III, Cooper Riverside Park.
● Noon – MCA Queen’s Luncheon, Mobile Convention Center, Grand Ballroom, reception at noon, lunch at 1 p.m., $75 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 1:30 p.m. – MCA Juvenile Court Reception, Mobile Convention Center, $25 per person. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
2022 Events Schedule
Copyright 2012-22, Thrown Ventures LLC