NOTE: This schedule is the copyrighted property of Mobile Mask. If you wish to use it, contact Mobile Mask for permission.
Saturday, January 7
● 6 p.m. – MAMGA Regal Magazine Release Party, Mobile Civic Center. Cost $20, includes a magazine. Attire: Dressy – all black (Tickets: at the door or 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Sunday, January 15
● 7 p.m. – Prichard Carnival Association Junior Monarchs Gala, The Calirojaé, 1004 Dauphin Island Parkway, free. (Facebook: Prichard Carnival Association)
Friday, January 27
● 5 p.m. – fifth annual King Cake-Off at the Mobile Civic Center Expo Hall. Local bakeries, eateries, and grocery stores compete to see who has the tastiest king cake or king cake-inspired treat. Family-friendly event features live music, local vendors, kids' activities, specialty cocktails, king cake tastings. Proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Alabama. $15 for adults in advance $20 at the door, $5 for kids 10 and under. (kingcakeoff.com)
● The West Regional Revelers Shoebox Float Contest will be held for the third year at the West Regional branch of Mobile Public Library, 5555 Grelot Road. Age categories will be 5 and under; 6-8 years old; and 9-12 years old. To enter, you must pick up a shoebox and entry form from Children’s Services at West Regional, starting January 23. Entries are due February 6. (Facebook: Mobile Public Library Children’s Services)
Saturday, February 4
● 10 a.m. - Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws dog parade on Dauphin Island. The theme will be Peg Legs and Patches. Pre-registration is available through Eventbrite. On-site registration begins at 9 a.m. Cost will be $15 per person, regardless of how many dogs. Children 12 and under walk for free with an adult. ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) will have a merchandise table, be recruiting volunteers and fosters and have pets available for adoption. Prizes for Best Group, Most Creative, and Best Theme Representation. Parade starts at the water tower, heads north on LeMoyne, east on Chaumont, south on Key, west on Bienville and back to the water tower. (Facebook: Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws)
● 6 p.m. Prichard Carnival Association Royal Coronation, The Calirojaé, 1004 Dauphin Island Parkway, $20 per person at the door. (Facebook: Prichard Carnival Association)
Tuesday, February 7
● 5 p.m. – 16th Annual Peg Leg Pub Crawl, meet at The Garage, 9 S. Washington Ave., between 5 & 6.
Saturday, February 11
● 11 a.m. – MAMGA Junior Monarchs Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $55. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
● 3 p.m. – Mystic Mutts of Revelry 19th annual dog parade to benefit The Haven no-kill animal shelter will start at Fairhoper’s Community Park at South Church Street and Morphy Avenue. Shelby Mitchell will be the emcee. The parade will go east on Morphy, north on Section Street, west on Fairhope Avenue, south on Church Street, and end at the park. Registration 12:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the park. See the web site for fee amounts. The theme will be MMOR Top Dog. (facebook.com/mysticmuttsofrevelry)
Sunday, February 12
● 4 p.m. – MAMGA Junior Monarchs Coronation, Renaissance Riverview Hotel; $20 Adults, $10 Children. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Friday, February 17
● 9 p.m. – MAMGA Grand Marshal’s Ball, Mobile Convention Center, $75 per person or $750 per table, must be 21 to attend. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
Saturday, February 18
● 6:30 p.m. – MCA Coronation of the Queen by King Felix III, Mobile Convention Center, South Hall, tickets are free but required. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 8 p.m. – MCA King’s Supper, Mobile Convention Center, North Hall, open to the public, ages 21 and older (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
Sunday, February 19
● 8 a.m. – 32nd annual Joe Cain Classic 5K, organized by Bay Area Runners. On-site registration starts at 6:30 a.m. Start/finish line intersection of Canal and Broad streets; after-party on Augusta Street in front of Joe Cain house. Proceeds benefit challenged athletes. (Facebook: Joe Cain Classic 5K Run)
● 9 a.m. – lineup starts for the Abba Bikers Cruise-in, starting from 7701 Hitt Road. Kickstands up at noon, cruise from west Mobile to downtown, right through the parade route. Entry fee is $10 per bike and $10 per passenger. (Facebook: Abba Shrine)
● 1 p.m. – Arrival of MAMGA’s King Elexis I, the foot of Government Street.
● 7 p.m. – MAMGA Royal Coronation, Mobile Convention Center, free and open to the public.
Monday, February 20
● 11 a.m. – MAMGA Royal Feast Luncheon, Renaissance Battle House Hotel, $50 per person, $500 per table of 10. (Tickets: 251-432-3050; mamga.org)
● 11 a.m. – Arrival of MCA King Felix III, Cooper Riverside Park.
● 1 p.m. – MCA Queen’s Luncheon, Mobile Convention Center, open to the public, ages 21 and older. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
● 1:30 p.m. – MCA Juvenile Court Luncheon, Renaissance Riverview Plaza, open to the public, suggested ages 11-14. (Tickets: MCA office, behind Carnival Museum)
2023 Events Schedule
Copyright 2012-23, Thrown Ventures LLC